 Off-Topic / Debate / 25161
Re: Michael Moore sued for lying?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 00:07:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

This appeared the other day somewhere else (Los Angeles Times?).  The really
big difference was that they were reported as asking for $1 (note the
significant lack of the word "million") in compensation for damages (a token
amount so that they can claim that they were correct and got satisfaction
from Moore).

So, anyone else know if it is $1 or $1,000,000?

This link (which I got to via: http://www.pantagraph.com/ which I got to via a
google search for Pantagraph and Moore ) would tell you, I bet.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=BL&p_theme=bl&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_sort=YMD_date:D&p_text_search-0=michael%20Moore

then the first article down

However it's wasn't worth 2.95 to *me* to find out. Perhaps it is to someone
else.

However again, my curiosity was piqued, so I used the headline itself as the
search string on Google instead of just Pantagraph and Moore, and got this

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/073004/new_20040730034.shtml

One measly dollar. Not one MEEEElion dollars.

That'll be 2.95 please. :-) (let us agree not to address the question of whether
the Pantograph is getting good value from a service that charges people to read
articles they can find themselves if they're halfway diligent)