 Off-Topic / Debate / 24960
Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:36:44 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:

Shameless diversion aside, I agree. Let’s get back to biblical principles. How many wives and concubines did Soloman have again?

Relevance? (as if polygamy was a “biblical principle”).

JOHN

Well, you seem to have a problem with the term ‘marraige’ being redefined. The point is that marraige has been redefined many times in the past and has many different definitions today. The point is that marraige is defined by whatever the conventions and traditions of the day require, and just as conventions and traditions change over time, so does marraige. I’m kind of baffled why you think this is such a problem.

Allister