 Off-Topic / Debate / 24885
Re: polygyny in "biblical times"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:39:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl wrote:
This begs the question - with over 6 BILLION humans on this earth, do we
REALLY need to make it easier for Breeders to spit out more humans than they
should be?

The earth would be far better off if we'd figure a *humane* way to scale the
world population back a bit.  OK, more than a bit, cut it in half at least.

How is allowing or not allowing same-sex marriages going to affect this?  I
mean, it's a valid concern and all, but forbidding two guys to get married with
each other won't make them want to get married to women and have kids, and
allowing two women to get married won't result in them suddenly getting each
other pregnant.