 Off-Topic / Debate / 24825
Re: Color trends in industry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:32:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Michael Huffman wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Gerlach wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Michael Huffman wrote:

   I am a little suprised that it’s taken LEGO 20+ years to catch onto the idea. For the longest time, my biggest lament was that I couldn’t find enough green parts, then a few years ago, you found it in almost every set. I like earth tones, so when tan came out I was very excited. Alot of us would love to see a release of an earth-tone bucket; especially in castle. I honestly hate the new color scheme; but LEGO has probably done thier market research and on some level, it must appeal to kids 6-12.

Sorry, the above should have read “I honestley hate the new color scheme for castle”... I’m still undecided about the color changes... I need to get enough of the new colors & build a few things with both colors to see if (a) I like it or not; or (b) if they work well together on my LEGO canvas.

--Mike.