 Off-Topic / Debate / 24557
Re: Fair use and allusion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:52:18 GMT

They are a part of it only insofar as we have started to fight back.  We did
not begin this war.

You can rewrite history all you want but your adminisgtration *did* start this
war--The US invaded Iraq.  Iraq being a sovereign nation at the time that made
no direct threats towards the US, no matter what the US administration wanted
the world to think.  And you can't bring up Kuwait 'cause that was dispensed
with in the '90's.

And besides, we started that war too.

Give *any* shred of direct Iraqi threat towards the US that you can hang this
war on.  Any.  9/11?  No Iraqis there.

I'm pretty sure that John _does_ mean they started it with 9/11.  To claim that
there were no Iraqis involved really misses the point, I think.  See, it was
perpetrated on us by those dirty, little, brown people from <flutters hand in
silly gesture> over there.  I mean, come on...they all look and sound alike.  So
you see, we're justified to attack any nation full of brown people now.

At least as long as it fulfills the needs of Bush's New World Order or
Millennium, or whatever.

Saying 'we're the good guys' over and over don't make it so.

We don't have to say it over and over.  No matter how many people we murder,
torture, displace, starve, etc., we have the divine madate of Heaven.  So we're
the good guys no matter what.

then the people who employ Dubya should
be given uncensored access to the realities of what his war has wrought.

Perhaps, but minors are not those people.

Alas.

Chris