 Off-Topic / Debate / 24554
Re: Fair use and allusion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:06:35 GMT

I can see your point, but I maintain that, since these ugly realities are
part of the war that Dubya started,

They are a part of it only insofar as we have started to fight back.  We did
not begin this war.

You can rewrite history all you want but your adminisgtration *did* start this
war--The US invaded Iraq.  Iraq being a sovereign nation at the time that made
no direct threats towards the US, no matter what the US administration wanted
the world to think.  And you can't bring up Kuwait 'cause that was dispensed
with in the '90's.

Give *any* shred of direct Iraqi threat towards the US that you can hang this
war on.  Any.  9/11?  No Iraqis there.  Missles/nuclear programs/other WoMD?
There was no direct or 'clear and imminent threat there.  What was Blix doing?

You have to live with the *fact* that your administration started this atrocity.
This atrocity, mind you, that has killed hundreds of soldiers and tens of
thousands of civilians, and had increased--*increased*--the threat of terrorism
around the world, and there's no getting around that no matter how much you and
the administration try to obfuscate those points.

Saying 'we're the good guys' over and over don't make it so.

then the people who employ Dubya should
be given uncensored access to the realities of what his war has wrought.

Perhaps, but minors are not those people.

[JOHN]

Dave K