 Off-Topic / Debate / 2396
  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

A few nits. Clarifications, really. (...) And as long as it doesn't violate the rights of others. (remember, free goods are not a right, nor is it a right that you must accept custom from anyone) (...) or fraud. But of course I hold fraud to be a (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) If you're asking me for a legal definition, I'm not sure. but my common sense opinion is that common sense is indeed required. (...) Here I think i am on a bit firmer ground when I say that I think, legally, saying something is one way when (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Well, I sort of meant that if everyone affected by the deal agrees to it, then nothing else matters. I assume you agree that you can waive your rights if you so choose. (...) I know that Libertarians are into the Force 'n' Fraud phrase, and I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Hmm. What about selling stock off in advance of the release of bad news? This happened quite recently with Correl Corp... Shortly before they announced lower than expected profits (dropping the stock price), the president sold off 1/3 of his (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) You seem to imply there's a difference between being 'wrong' and being 'unsavoury', but I can't see any difference in principle - perhaps a small difference of degree in that 'unsavoury' implies a smaller amount of wrongness. Also, aren't you (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) OK, I guess I don't know what 'wrong' means in a judgemental sense. I'm not even sure that I'm willing to acknowledge that it means anything. I'll listen if you want to define it though. If someone hurts my loved ones I'm pretty liberal in (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)