 Off-Topic / Debate / 23795
    Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism —John Neal
   (...) Yes. Do you claim to only believe in things that are provable? In the final analysis, what would you say about a devout scientist who believed in God? Is he/she compromised as a scientific thinker? (...) Yes, but I'm curious. There are so many (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism —Dave Schuler
     (...) Well, I guess I'd say that I believe only in those things for which there is empirical evidence or which can, in principle, be proven. As far as a devout scientist is concerned, I say go right ahead! I would, however, offer that IMO the devout (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        A footnote (was Re: George Bush has legitimised terrorism) —Dave Schuler
   (...) I've known about this since the day it happened, but (URL) here's> a good summation of Bush's pious, vulgarity-free public life. While we're at it, (URL) here's> some video of our born-again, teetotaling Prez back in August of 1992. (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)