 Off-Topic / Debate / 235
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 00:42:58 GMT

Also sprach Larry Pieniazek:
: My prediction: He won't be convicted because there is no way 67 Senators
: will go along.

I agree ... even assuming that the 'defectors' even out as they did in
the house, that still leaves only 60 'sure-thing' votes ... I think it's
dead.  The best to hope for is that the Senate will realize this and
(since it certainly is part of their constitutional authority) hammer
out a censure vote with a monetary fine associated.

I really am not sure what disgusted me more today: pig-headed
republicans insisting on impeachment or pig-headed democrats trying to
protect their man, regardless.  Livingston is the only person to show
any class or grace the entire day.

: 3 - >>>>>>   -Lar <Darwin><    :-)

Shouldn't that be:  <Darwin><
                     '    `

:)

/ _ _ / _ _             Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue...
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============