 Off-Topic / Debate / 236
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:31:28 GMT

Jim Baker writes:
Also sprach Larry Pieniazek:
: My prediction: He won't be convicted because there is no way 67 Senators
: will go along.

I agree ... even assuming that the 'defectors' even out as they did in
the house, that still leaves only 60 'sure-thing' votes ... I think it's
dead.  The best to hope for is that the Senate will realize this and
(since it certainly is part of their constitutional authority) hammer
out a censure vote with a monetary fine associated.

At least the house didn't allow censure.  Its not their constitutional right
to vote on it.  The Senate can, but its strictly forbidden to the house.

I really am not sure what disgusted me more today: pig-headed
republicans insisting on impeachment or pig-headed democrats trying to
protect their man, regardless.  Livingston is the only person to show
any class or grace the entire day.

They are definitely impeachable offenses.  Perjurs who aren't the president
get put behind bars, shouldn't he at least go to trial?  I'm dissappointed
that its partisan, but I stand for impeachment.  I'm glad for the five
democrats who decided to vote for I and III.  The democrats should wake up and
see that what is wrong is wrong, the obsurd theory of relativity doesn't apply
here.

My hat goes off to Livingston as well.

: 3 - >>>>>>   -Lar <Darwin><    :-)

Shouldn't that be:  <Darwin><
                    '    `

:)

Are you handing out barf bags to the Christians? :P

-Tim <JESUS><
http://www.zacktron.com - Coming Soon!
http://trc.osiriscomm.com