 Off-Topic / Debate / 23186
    Re: Corporal punishment (was rah rah, canada! —Scott Arthur
   (...) You can't reason with a horse. (...) You can't reason with a cat. (...) You can reason with a child. Parenthood can be very difficult. However, I can't see how resorting to violence will give a parent anything other than short-term gain and (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Corporal punishment (was rah rah, canada! —David Koudys
   (...) You can, however, teach a horse. (...) You can, however, teach a cat (...) A 5 year old, as Larry mentioned, throwing a tantrum, as far as my personal experience goes, is pretty much unreasonable, and will either stop the tantrum when a) (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Corporal punishment (was rah rah, canada! —Scott Arthur
   (...) One can produce a conditioned response if that is what you mean. I'm not sure the horse (or cat) has understood much else? (...) I, and many others, manage by doing neither. How do you explain that? My kids understand they will not benefit (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)