 Off-Topic / Debate / 23168
Re: And so it continues....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:30:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
...[snip]...
Baah!  Why do I even care?  I can't even cast a vote against the moron.

That's a good question.  Why does everyone seem to care so much about
the current US administration?  This gets repetitious and boring.  How
about dishing some dirt on your local officials in Canada, the EU,
Austrailia, or wherever.  Why don't we start with Canada.  Can someone
step forward and start complaining about their local government officials?
Start with the names, just in case we're not familiar with them yet.

To start, I think the reason why we do care is that, for example, a
Canadian soldier died this week supporting a US led 'intervention'.

Yeah, but which local guy got your soldiers into that place, and why?
You see, I don't care why you care.  I just want to learn a bit more
about what goes on in the rest of the world.  You live there, so
you're in a reasonable position to tell about it.

Bit local politics?  Paul Martin, JC's replacement after Chretien retired,
is already bugging me by 'kissing up' (my perceived notion) to Dubya.

Dammit!  We're Canadians, not some young brother looking for approval
from 'big brother US'.  For all the idiocy that was JC, what impressed
me was that he took a stand against tyranny by not following Dubya in
his crusade to rid the world of non-existant WoMD.  Wow--Canada didn't
go along with Britain or the US.
That's a first.

Nopw, thought, our new unelected PM is sucking up.  We shall see what
transpires in the next election.

See that's a good start.  You gave us some names, but it's all wrapped
up in the context of the US.  Isn't there any purely Canadian controversy
you could share?  For example, is English/French language an issue?
What about immigration?  Do you have any issues with jobs relocating
to India?  How about your health care?  When you have a question for
them, does the call get answered by someone on the other side of the
world?  Do all your schools close when you get 3 inches of snow?  That
sort of stuff.