 Off-Topic / Debate / 22795
Re: Bush toppled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:43:57 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   Last night in London 100,000 plus protestetsers toppled Bush Jr:

I’m sure the enemies of Democracy will be gratified by the excessive news coverage and exaggerated counts of protesters. Useful idiots, really.

How about the exaggerated counts of Iraqis as the statue fell?

Enemies of Democracy? When Dubyas administration selectively ‘bans’ free speech in your own country, sets up ‘free speech’ zones far away from where Dubya will be, and works out ‘news bits’ in advance wtih Fox News...

Enemies of Democracy? Look no further than your very own leader.

snip

I think there is hope for you all across the pond after all;-)

JOHN

THe hope that I see is the ability of the people to protest, uncurtailed by an administration cowardly hiding in the shadows and keeping the ‘bad news’ as far from them as possible.

Yeah I’m calling Dubya, and Co. cowards! He sits there and smiles and struts around, and gets his news ‘spoon fed’ to him, and yet no press allowed at the point of demarcation of body bags, no press at hospitals and GI recovery wards, and the moment people voice their minds against this fiasco, strange things happen.

Yeah, if this is what you call ‘democracy’, you can keep it.

Dave K