 Off-Topic / Debate / 22788
Re: Why I support LEGO through thick and thin.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:04:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Burkhard Schloemer wrote:
   Nathan,

your loyalty is admirable and stupid as well. It also has an almost german quality. As a German I appreciate that. But I’m afraid it won’t do you any good. LEGO isn’t the “let’s just produce good toys” family shop anymore, it has become an ambitious, greedy global company and certainly doesn’t deserve your loyalty anymore. It also looks like it doesn’t deserve your money anylonger.

Okaaaay.. that is your twist on it. (Cup is half empty?) Here’s my twist: because LEGO/TLG/TLC is focussed on earning money, it now IS earning money again. And this in turn is a positive thing for the future of the company. And if the company continues to be, so will the lego sets it produces. So, while not all sets as as good as they should be (Galidor, Town Jr.), the company, in order to keep getting our money/stay in business, is trying to produce LEGO sets that are worth buying.

You don’t like Bionicle? It has been selling like hot-cakes over here. several thousands/millions of people DO find these sets great! Heck, even I own several sets (check out my LUGnet inventory; I’m member 64), even though at first I was shocked to see these kind of LEGO pieces. Why don’t you give it a go? Go on, buy a little set of Bionicle and try it out. But be carefull; it’s addicitve, just like the minifig back in the late 70’s...

In short: keep doing what you keep doing LEGO company and I’ll keep sending my money to you!