 Off-Topic / Debate / 22636
Re: (Re: It will be a long, hard slog) or, Why Christine Amanpour is My Girlfriend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:32:32 GMT

snip

The only glimmer of light here is that AT LEAST not all members of the White House staff are completely delusional. It’s almost refreshing to see this crack in the “we’re always right!” facade. The memo is a bald admission that they -- The White House Administration -- have, indeed, been so very wrong all along.

-- Hop-Frog

But it came from Rummy!

That’s the bit that I’m having a problem with--it’s like many of us have known all along that the ‘wheels have fallen off the wagon’, but Rummy was the loudest speaker for the plan.

Now that many more people are apparently becoming disenfranchised, Rummy is now ‘seeing the light’.

Furthermore, with that “senior whitehouse leak” a few weeks back, and the ‘crackdown’ with regards to leaks promised by Dubya, it’s quite a wonder that this one slipped out.

I smell a rat.

Dave K

And the DU made the point clearer:

“ What’s worse than a bumbling idiot? Why, a bumbling idiot who surrounds himself with bumbling idiot advisors, of course. Our Great Leader must have been privately seething after Rumsfeld’s memo was leaked, but not merely because it completely undermined his “Everything’s Just Fine In Iraq” PR campaign. Wasn’t it only a few weeks ago that Dubya was coming over all macho about cracking down on leaks? Well yes, it was: “There’s leaks in the executive branch, there’s leaks in the legislative branch, there’s just too many leaks. And if there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is,” said Bush at the end of September. Tough words - and now here’s his chance to back them up! See, the Rumsfeld memo was only sent to four people - General Richard Myers, General Peter Pace, Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith. So in theory, it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out where the leak came from. In fact, you might say that the odds are really quite good! Unless of course Our Great Leader has completely forgotten the bold pronouncements he made less than four weeks ago, which, let’s face it, would not exactly be unusual. ”

Dubya’s spoken ‘crackdown’ on leaks is just more words outta his lieing yip that, in the end, signify nothing.

Dave K