 Off-Topic / Debate / 22385
Re: God's Nature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:31:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   You’re so far gone, there is no way to reply to that. No matter what I might state next you will insist that you can “interpret” the Bible in such a way as to reveal either an error in it, or in my interpretation of it.

Blinkered Bigot! The Bible is not a factual document; it is a book of faith!

   Everyone get that? The Bible means whatever John Neal says it means.

Hypocrite! Everyone get that? The Bible means whatever (the atheist) Richard Marchetti says it means.

   The language is fairly straight-forward there, John.

The Bible, especially the OT, is anything but straight-forward. It cannot be read like the New York Times.

   Are you going to claim a translatory error? I am all ears. This claim that you know what it means over and above its obvious meaning is a little over the top for this forum.

Again:
“And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.”

Funny that repitition too, where it keeps highlighting that point again and again -- how every man, woman, child, and beast was destroyed.

I guess that’s God’s love for ya...

You are an idiot at exegesis, and don’t know what you are talking about.

JOHN