 Off-Topic / Debate / 22260
    Re: The partisian trap in California —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) According to one guy who witnessed one of Arnold's excesses, Arnold said that's how he did it in Austria, so Hollywood has nothing to do with it (in fact, most of these incidents date to his pre-Hollywood period - maybe he learned them at (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: The partisian trap in California —John Neal
     (...) So Liberals shouldn't criticize his behavior lest they politically incorrectly "judge" the morays of another culture;-) As for the Young Republican meetings-- I doubt he started attending them before his first million earned;-) (...) The (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: The partisian trap in California —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) A cute answer (heck, you got me to laugh with you!), but it doesn't deal with the substance of the claims. I think we are up to 15 accusers, a number that will no doubt grow. (...) Of course the timing is suspect. Then again, sometimes it (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: The partisian trap in California —John Neal
     (...) Let it, and let him address each one. I have a feeling that after tomorrow, the issue will become mute (sic), because most of the allegations are beyond the statute of limitations (so at best they would get an apologize which he has already (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: The partisian trap in California —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) Arnold claims in one breath that he does not deny all the stories about grabbing and immediately continues that "this is not (him)." Well, if he admits he did it, then it is him. What is this fairy tale that it isn't. He wants to imply that (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: The partisian trap in California —Dave Schuler
     (...) I would add to that the observation that his apology was also an oddly flaccid non-denial denial. He didn't say "I apologize for grabbing these 15+ women, which was wrong of me to do." Instead, he said, "I apologize if I offended anyone," (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: The partisian trap in California —Harvey Henkelman
   (...) Jesse Ventura was also a former NAVY SEAL, who has served his country to his utmost. Show the guy some respect before you criticize him, as he is quite possibly the most credible politician out there. -HRH (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The partisian trap in California —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) The Voters (not me) ran Jesse out on a rail. *They* didn't respect his performance *as a politcian* (i.e. he had no crediblity based on actual performance). Take it up with them. -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)