 Off-Topic / Debate / 22199
  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) <snip to the part which I believe, is the relavent part to this discussion> (...) <snip> TJ was a thoughtful and thorougly well versed man. For 1786. First, it's a letter, not a law, nor part of the constitution. If this 'preserving democracy (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) Apples and oranges, Kooties. Xtian authorities have nothing to do with civil laws. My higher authority was variously a founder of my country, one of its primary legal authors, and an incredibly politically influential person besides. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) Not according to your current president, or some ex-judge stating that your judicial system is based on the 10 commandments--these political people are appealing to God and the Bible. I'd say it's a difference b/w Macintosh and Golden (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

Asked and answered ad nauseum. You want justification? I don't need any more than the law of the land on my side as far as I am concerned. You claim the law doesn't say what I claim it does, but my actions and those of thousands like me and unlike (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) Are you joking? "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." What the heck do you think it says? Well allow me to translate this into modern (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote: It's absolutely amazing how you keep missing the point. Let's just snip everything and go on a tirade that has nothing to do with the issue at hand, nor deal with any point that was raised. In the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) You need to do a cost benefit analysis here. Even one homicide or accidental death is undeniably tragic, but death, in the long run, is not preventable. Everyone dies of something some time. Weigh those 11,000 or 25.000 (tragic) yearly deaths (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) " A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state..." The 2nd Amendment. militia = free state. Do you see it now? I could waste my time looking up references in state constitutions too, but why bother? I have this (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) Nicely stated Larry. There was a discusion earlier differentiating between accidents and homicides--people dying in mining or oil platform accidents is tragic, but is not the same as willfully taking another life in an act of homicide. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) Nicely stated Larry. There was a discusion earlier differentiating between accidents and homicides--people dying in mining or oil platform accidents is tragic, but is not the same as willfully taking another life in an act of homicide. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys wrote: Curse you whomever is doing the DoS attack! double posted--sorry about that... Dave K (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)