 Off-Topic / Debate / 22200
Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:37:27 GMT

You lambaste the Christians for appealing to their higher authority, an
authority which you yourself don't recognize, why should anyone recognize
your appeal to your personal higher authority?

Apples and oranges, Kooties. Xtian authorities have nothing to do with civil
laws.  My higher authority was variously a founder of my country, one of its
primary legal authors, and an incredibly politically influential person besides.

When you give a cite, I'd like it to be a legitimate bona-fide law,
please--one that we all may recognize as an authority.

Well, the 2nd Amendment then.

But I suppose you will now go on ad nauseum to claim that the language is
ambiguous. I will then claim that it is not ambiguous unless you want to ignore
what it plainly states as understood from the perspective of well-documented
authorial intent and from an historical perspective. You will then claim that
the ambiguity leaves it open to modern interpretation. Blah Blah Blah yadda
yadda yadda...

The proof of what things mean is the fact that I own a gun. Legally.
Constitutionally.  As a matter of right.  As a freeman.  It's a political fact
-- de facto. Today. Right now.

Your argument is getting childish again. This bit: "TJ was a thoughtful and
thorougly well versed man. For 1786." is just stupid beyond all reason...

Again, I ask: are we not using guns in Iraq?  Are the Iraqis not using guns on
us?

How is it that guns are irrelevant? And if they are not irrelevant then there
goes your silly "For 1786" argument...

-- Hop-Frog