 Off-Topic / Debate / 22121
  Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder...

(URL) the terms of the multi-million-dollar fund which have been made available under President Bush for abstinence education, schools and groups can only claim federal money for sex education programmes if the classes have as their "exclusive (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder...

(...) I was with you (abstinence education as the sole path is a terrifically stupid approach) till this last bit, how's this a first amendment violation again? Free speech isn't free, remember, you the speaker have to pay for it. There is no (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) However, having the gov't making a 'judgement' about where your tax dollars go based, as far as I can see, only on a 'Christian moral value', therefore excluding other groups who don't (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder...

(...) Still not seeing it. Let's take the general (moral position) case here for a sec. Consider if the government said in a policy statement "we prefer if people pay their debts rather than dodge their creitors". That's a moral statement. Does the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)