 Off-Topic / Debate / 22095
Re: PRIORITY TRANSMISSION
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 06:50:24 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
news:HLCGG1.y1w@lugnet.com...

I'm with Mike P.

What exactly is the excuse for not web-optimizing these very fuzzy images • in the
first place?  It takes like 1 minute to do (even though I screwed up my • naming
convention on the last image).  The new versions of these images are • something
around 280 kb. total and about the same quality as the original at approx. • 575
kb total.  It could have been even more concise if I had resized the • images and
not just optimized them at their current size -- smaller could have been • even
faster with no significant loss in quality/detail.

If you aren't web-optimizing images, you are totally being a high speed
connection snob.  I feel sure that there must be reasonably inexpensive • software
that will handle it.  And isn't Mark S. in design or something?

-- Hop-Frog

This is stuff you'd have to ask Mark, but I know the only group he reads is
.space so he probably didn't see this.  The only reason I did is because I'm
a newsticker junkie.

[  j o n ]
http://zemi.net