 Off-Topic / Debate / 22094
Re: PRIORITY TRANSMISSION
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 05:55:13 GMT

I’m with Mike P.

What exactly is the excuse for not web-optimizing these very fuzzy images in the first place? It takes like 1 minute to do (even though I screwed up my naming convention on the last image). The new versions of these images are something around 280 kb. total and about the same quality as the original at approx. 575 kb total. It could have been even more concise if I had resized the images and not just optimized them at their current size -- smaller could have been even faster with no significant loss in quality/detail.

If you aren’t web-optimizing images, you are totally being a high speed connection snob. I feel sure that there must be reasonably inexpensive software that will handle it. And isn’t Mark S. in design or something?

-- Hop-Frog