 Off-Topic / Debate / 2202
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:16:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Naji Norder wrote:

There has been news recently of a few Native Americans charged in a hate • crime
of killing a white person.  Not exactly what you are speaking about, but • close.

Interesting. You don't here that on the news, I can't imagine why (a left-wing
bias, perhaps?) I still think it is bad law. Prosecute them as murderers, not
illogical thinkers! I think racism is very ignorant, but if you want to think
that way, that's your problem. If you act on it, be prepared to face the
consequences!

I -did- hear this one on the news..  It was on National Public Radio News the
other morning.  It likely didn't make your local news, though.  It didn't make
ours either, but then, if it did, they would have to cut some of the football
coverage.

Naji