 Off-Topic / Debate / 2201
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:35:07 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Heh, that's a helluva understatement.  Rather than say the military
trains soldiers not to feel "bad" about killing the enemy (they're not
people), I'd say we were trained to enjoy, even long for doing it.

Luckily, a lot of that brainwashing type stuff goes away after basic,
and it does wear off eventually, although I'm personally convinced it
leaves the soldier a harder/colder person than he was before.

I must imagine so. I just wanted to make certain that killing a person is
totally different when you are a soldier, and that they have training for that.
I have the highest regards for the armed services, I am glad they are there!
Murder is awful, and not to be taken lightly. It is a different matter, legally,
in the regular day to day life citizenry, however. Thank you for your service to
our country, sir!

What makes the green grass grow?

I don't know what this means, so I will not comment on it! :)

--
Scott E. Sanburn
CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/index.html
Lego Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

“The more people I meet, the more I like my Lego collection.”