 Off-Topic / Debate / 21709
  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) That's where I believe you're making an unsubstantiated leap. Even within the bounds of this discussion, you appear unwilling to consider any response other than "kill the intruder/it's his own fault" when other options truly are available to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler wrote: <snip> (...) :) Laugh out loud. In the end, I really do appreciate you guys. You give me much to think about and wrestle with. Keep up the astounding debates. <snip> (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) Actually I did here: (URL) (...) Ok now I think I am starting to see where you guys are coming from. I realize I may have come off a little "hard set" too. I would not be shooting at noises, as most of your example seem to suggest. I would (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) I think the real difference lies in what you and I identify to constitute an immediate threat to oneself and one's family. It seems that you equate the act of breaking-in with the intent to inflict bodily harm, whereas I distinguish between (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) As the child is under her care and if through her ill-advised actions she gets shot in self defence, I would say that the fault lies with her. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) Okay, but let's extend it a little further. Suppose we went with variation #3 from my previous post: 3. The "intruder" is your daughter who has sneaked down to the kitchen for a glass of water during the night If you killed your daughter in (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) Ok I must restate that I do not shoot at noises. In fact more than likely I wouldn't shoot at all I'd simply knock the intruder out. But anyway... (...) Yeah that would be your own dumb fault. I would agree with the involuntary manslaughter (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)