 Off-Topic / Debate / 2163
Re: Killing (was: Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 01:40:04 GMT

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 12:43:05 GMT, Christopher Weeks
<clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:

Killing animals is ethically hard to defend in most cases, but I think there are
gradations of naughtyness involved. I don't think it's enough to say "you killed,
you must die", and ignore everything else involved.

Moz

I would like to hear why killing animals is hard to defend.  Given what premises?

Wondering if he means for food (which I'm willing to accept - it IS
hard to defend in a lot of cases, although I love a good steak as much
as the next guy) or for sport, as in the case of trophy hunters, which
is impossible to defend, imo, or maybe even the killing of say pets or
something, which is also difficult to defend, since it is the
destruction of the property of another person.

The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/