 Off-Topic / Debate / 21504
  Let the backpeddaling and blaming and obfuscating begin! (as if it hadn't already...)

(URL) House: Uranium claim incorrect " " WASHINGTON (AP) -- Amid questions about prewar intelligence, the White House is acknowledging that President Bush was incorrect when he said in his State of the Union address that Iraq recently had sought (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Let the backpeddaling and blaming and obfuscating begin! (as if it hadn't already...)

Let's be clear that this is the backpedaling from the original backpedaling. We shall therefore see an infinite line of small retreats without anyone in the White House daring to admit that they were wrong to do anything anyway. Smoke and mirrors. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Let the backpeddaling and blaming and obfuscating begin! (as if it hadn't already...)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote: <snip> (...) There is common ground between you and I, Richard. I believe that doing the right thing is what matters. And there were naysayers that said that we'd never find anything to agree on. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)