 Off-Topic / Debate / 21504
21503  |  21505
Subject:
Let the backpeddaling and blaming and obfuscating begin! (as if it hadn't already...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:01:05 GMT

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/07/08/bush.iraq.ap/index.html

"
White House: Uranium claim incorrect
"

"
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Amid questions about prewar intelligence, the White House is
acknowledging that President Bush was incorrect when he said in his State of the
Union address that Iraq recently had sought significant quantities of uranium in
Africa. "

"
Bush said in his address to Congress in January that the British government had
learned that Saddam recently sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa.
"

"
After Bush repeated the British claim in his State of the Union address, the
purported letters between Iraq and Niger were turned over to the United Nations,
which found them to be forged.
"

Reading between the lines--"Oh those darn Brits!  They're the ones that got it
wrong!  We believed them!"

And then it's going to be "Oh those skewed reports that were specifically
ordered to prop up our idea that Iraq was an imminent danger!  We believed
them!"

And then it's going to be "Oh those defectors!  They lied to us!  They had
ulterior motives and/or a grudge! We believed them!"

And then it's going to be "But look!  They're killing Americans!  They're bad
people!  Oh those darn Iraqis for just being who they are and living where they
do!  They deserved to be invaded--I mean liberated!"

Nice quagmire, of your own doing, btw, that you're finding youselves in.

Dave K