 Off-Topic / Debate / 21505
Re: Let the backpeddaling and blaming and obfuscating begin! (as if it hadn't already...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:26:26 GMT

Let’s be clear that this is the backpedaling from the original backpedaling. We shall therefore see an infinite line of small retreats without anyone in the White House daring to admit that they were wrong to do anything anyway. Smoke and mirrors.

The REAL problem is that most of my countrymen don’t care at all. Hell, something approaching 50% of my countrymen actually believe that a credible link between Saddam, OBL, and AQ has already been proven. Somewhere near the same numbers believe the obvious lies about Saddam building a nuclear device. Etc. Etc. Etc.

It’s beyond pathetic -- it’s shameful.

That the U.S. no longer even cares to try to do the right thing anymore is what disturbs me most. Yes, my idealism has been completely and utterly shattered -- I did use to be foolish enough to believe that doing the right thing mattered to my countrymen. How stupid was I?

-- Hop-Frog