 Off-Topic / Debate / 21330
    Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...) —Thomas Stangl
   (...) That would be all fine and good if we had laws that forced you to take responsibility. Our justice system seems to do the opposite. Even if you didn't sue after cracking your head open, your family might. And they'd probably sue everyone in (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...) —Frank Filz
   (...) I'm inclined to say "at least until proper laws are put in place to keep anyone at all from suing over your injuries" should be replaced with "at least until proper laws are put in place to appropriately distribute liability" Why? Well, by (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...) —Richard Marchetti
   This is a kind of digression, I think...this thread seems to be going all over the place. =) (...) Which provides support for the idea of socialized medicine, because if the health services needed to recover from an injury are free they cannot be (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)