 Off-Topic / Debate / 21211
21210  |  21212
Subject:
Git outta my bedroom!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:41:53 GMT

Yes this is a thing about Canada... so don't worry 'bout it...

"
It dismisses what it sees as the government's "ridiculous argument" that it
needs to go slow in framing any legal changes because there is no "consensus" in
Canada.

"All Canadians should have the right to marry. And it should be Parliament, not
the courts, leading society to accept those changes," it says.
"

Absolutely correct.  It should tbe the gov't bringing in the changes needed, not
the courts...

"
"We've known for a long time that discrimination against homosexuals is
unconstitutional, if not repugnant. We should wish them a long and happy married
life as well."
"

As do I

"
"We have long opposed same-sex marriages, believing marriage is the unique union
between a man and a woman," says the Toronto Sun in an editorial.
"

The first time I have ever disagreed with the Sun on something this big...

"
And Derek Rogusky of Canada's Focus on the Family group, writes in the Globe and
Mail that the Ontario decision " has devalued the institution of marriage".
"

Devalued the institution of marriage?  What, by letting caring loving couples
partake in the institution of marriage?  Or would Mr Rogusky prefer a ban on
marriages he doesn't approve of?  Stay out of their marriages, Derek, and
they'll stay outta yours.

Dave K