 Off-Topic / Debate / 21141
    Re: Unscientific AOL Shrub Credability Poll —Richard Marchetti
   (...) No arguments, really. But check out where most of my posts come from, the raw view would have given you this for that last post: 67.123.147.114. Then you could have gone somewhere sketchy like: (URL), entered the IP and gotten this result: (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Unscientific AOL Shrub Credability Poll —David Koudys
   (...) Just open up a DOS window and type in tracert (insert IP addy here) 'Traces' the 'route' from your system to the destination system, the number of 'hops', how long it took, and lists the IP address as well as the DNS entry (if there is one) (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Unscientific AOL Shrub Credability Poll —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Hmmm, I tried this first thing before, and it didn't work -- I must have mistyped something. In UNIX it's actually "traceroute". But yeah, I just tried it again for lugnet and it worked perfectly. Many thanks. Exactly what I had in mind. -- (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Unscientific AOL Shrub Credability Poll —David Koudys
   (...) We have a branch out in Windsor that lost its WAN connection-- AT&T were blaming the Bell guys--saying it was the actual phone lines, Bell was blaming the AT&T guys, saying it was the 'cloud' (but all our other branches were still working thru (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)