 Off-Topic / Debate / 21064
    Re: Shrub's Economy (The Gladhand of Death) —Scott Costello
   (...) This guy is on the right track, he just misses the correct conclusion. Yes the best way to shrink this hulking giant of a government is to starve it via tax cuts. Problem is congressmen on both sides of the aisle are scared to make the large (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Shrub's Economy (The Gladhand of Death) —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) It should be noted that Arianna's ex ran for Senator on the Republican side with her full support, and that Arianna's column was stock non-thinking right wing at that time (there were far better conservative voices than her). She's much more (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Shrub's Economy (The Gladhand of Death) —Scott Costello
   (...) I wasn't a huge fan of Arianna when she was conservative, and I like her less since her transition. I found her whole "If you drive an SUV you are supporting a terrorist" to be one of the worst cases of deceptive liberal spin. And she sounds (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Shrub's Economy (The Gladhand of Death) —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Ya, it's right up there with "if you smoke pot, you are supporting a terrorist"... which the LP debunked a while back. (URL) (1) (...) Why? "Green Acres, that's the place to be.... Faaaaaarm living, that's the life for me!" (2) Besides, I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Shrub's Economy (The Gladhand of Death) —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Forgot to mention that this particular campaign is not really an example of deceptive LIBERAL spin, but rather of deceptive spin by the various "we know better" nanny state forces of whatever stripe, Those nefarious forces are to be found in (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Shrub's Economy (The Gladhand of Death) —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) I rather thought she was spoofing the one with the other. If she was being serious, then she was just as moronic as Bush. Well, maybe not quite as moronic since Bush could put the drug terrorists out of business with a stroke of the pen (the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)