 Off-Topic / Debate / 21070
Re: Shrub's Economy (The Gladhand of Death)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:43:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello wrote:

And would you stop quoting Arianna Huffington, I don't see anyone else
bringing in quotes from hardcore right wing ideologues like Limbaugh,
Hannity, or (my personal favorite) Larry Elder.

It should be noted that Arianna's ex ran for Senator on the [Republican]
side with her full support, and that Arianna's column was stock non-thinking
right wing at that time (there were far better conservative voices than
her). She's much more thoughtful now, regardless of whether you agree with
her.

I wasn't a huge fan of Arianna when she was conservative, and I like her less
since her transition. I found her whole "If you drive an SUV you are
supporting a terrorist" to be one of the worst cases of deceptive liberal
spin.

Ya, it's right up there with "if you smoke pot, you are supporting a
terrorist"... which the LP debunked a while back.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26654 (1)

And she sounds too much like Ga Ga Gabore when she talks, I keep
thinking of green acres.

Why?

"Green Acres, that's the place to be....
Faaaaaarm living, that's the life for me!"  (2)

Besides, I think it's Zsa Zsa you are thinking of, but I could be wrong. Also,
it should be noted that Green Acres starred her sister Eva, actually.

http://us.imdb.com/Details?0058808

But I agree with your general distate for Ms. Huffington, she didn't make a good
republican and she makes a worse democrat. Inasmuch as there is any difference,
anyway.

1 - This cite may find you other info, or it may not, no comment on site
veracity offered, it's merely a cite (3) but it DOES lead to the LP site where
you can see the debunking ad for yourself...

2 - working from memory, cited without attribution (3) because I don't know who
to credit (although Vic Mizzy might be a good guess), and cited as "fair use by
reviewer"... (3)

3 - if you find these disclaimers annoying or superfluous, thank those that made
them necessary for me (but not necessarily for others) here in off-topic.debate.
What an unfun place this has become, overall, compared to the good old days.

++Lar