 Off-Topic / Debate / 21052
  Matrix2

I hope its ok to get off of politics for just a moment. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but did anyone else think that Matrix2 was a big dissapointment? I know better than to expect much from sequels, but I admit to holding out hope on (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Matrix2

Yeah, I haven't seen the damned thing yet, and I'm not likely to, the way it sounds. The first one was actually artistic, despite ripping off virtually every cyberpunk work of the last fifteen years. If you want more, I'd recommend a copy of the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Matrix2

(...) Eeek! Holy Sequel-itous, Batman! What were you thinking? That "The Matrix Reloaded" (a.k.a "The Superman Thing") was going to be deep and philosophical, or the fight scenes interesting? The problem of the first film is its actual success. In (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Matrix2

(...) No, I didnt expect it to be deep or philosophical, but neither did I expect to check my watch during the ubiquitous 20 minute car chase. A car chase? It was like they were not even trying. Because I had heard that the bros W had maintained (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Matrix2

(...) Yeah, but at least at that level it's "free." In fairness, I think the animatrix is, in part or in whole, available somewhere online as quicktime movies. I think they're all supposed to be released free online eventually, even if not all at (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)