 Off-Topic / Debate / 21052
21051  |  21053
Subject:
Matrix2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 02:22:07 GMT

I hope its ok to get off of politics for just a moment.  I know I'm probably in
the minority here, but did anyone else think that Matrix2 was a big
dissapointment?  I know better than to expect much from sequels, but I admit to
holding out hope on this film.  M2 lacked all the impact, plotting, dialogue and
overall quality of the original.  It seems like little more than an excuse to
cross-market video games, animation movies, action figures and sunglasses.  To
be honest, I thought alot of the cg was sub-par as well.  The famous fight scene
with 100 agent Smith's was cool, but you can't tell me that it looked more than
vaguely like Keanu Reeves (who never took off his sunglasses in this movie
except to have sex).  Still, my biggest complaint is with the plot, and
contrived characters like the twins, and that horrible french guy.  I liked the
commander in charge of Zion's defense (an't remember his name) but they rendered
him useless and ineffective.  I havn't been this dissapointed in a movie since
the phantom menace, highlander2 or perhaps escape from L.A. (a true cinematic
atrocity)

-Keith