 Off-Topic / Debate / 21006
Re: In the name of security and defense
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:43:33 GMT

We can do whatever we want and offer no apologies...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2957876.stm • (snip)
See, if you're not American, you don't count. The Justice department is saying
that we don't care if you're not a terrorist, we'll still lock you uo for 11
months just because you're not American.

  Boy, Dave, you just don't comprehend the subtleties of the American Justice
System!  There's no requirement that the detainee be "not American" in order to
be held indefinitely without access to due process.  All that's necessary is for
the detainee to be identified as an Enemy Combatant (as coined by the Dubya
administration).  Jose Padilla is one example, and if PatriotII goes through,
there could potentially be many others.

     Dave!