 Off-Topic / Debate / 21004
21003  |  21005
Subject:
His time has come...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:21:37 GMT

"
The US Congress has ordered an investigation into possible abuse of intelligence
information about alleged weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
"

later..

"
"To date, you have offered no explanation as to why you and your most senior
advisers made repeated allegations based on forged documents," Mr Waxman said in
a letter to the president.

"

And the part I don't get...

"
"The situation is becoming one where the credibility of the administration and
Congress is being challenged," he said.

"
and
"
It is likely that senior officials such as Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and
Secretary of State Colin Powell will be summoned before Congress.

"

don't work well together for me--first the credibility of Congress is being
challenged, but it looks like its Congress who will be doing the investigation.

Anyway, it's at least a step to make folks actually wake up and smell the moron.

Dave K