 Off-Topic / Debate / 2095
2094  |  2096
Subject:
History as hearsay (was Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 12:00:24 GMT

I'm reading it... Not sure where it is going, but I will say this.
Morals are relative only to the extent that some are better than others.
I hold any morality that says it is OK to violate rights as inferior to
one that does not.

As to history being hearsay. Hmm... Sometimes. And sometimes not. I'd
like to think that the Holocaust is pretty well documented as having
actually happened. Calling it hearsay would do a disservice to the
millions who suffered atrocities at the hands of members of the species
(but not their fellow men... to do that to a person is to renounce your
right to be considered human).

I, believe it or not, have a hard time reconciling my desire for the US
not to be the worlds policeman with my desire that we never allow things
like the Holocaust to happen again.

Where is the line? Do we allow one person to be killed, one thousand?
one million? When do we need to take a decision that our country is
threatened by atrocities being committed elsewhere.

lugnet.