 Off-Topic / Debate / 20912
Re: Tax relief?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 09:04:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:
National security is great for the economy.

I am not sure that they are at all related, but I'd rather pursue programs
and measures that might actually increase security instead of merely
depriving citizens of their constitutional rights or engaging in a frivolous
war.

"Thousands of al-Qaida suspects ready to attack, warns US official"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4671845,00.html

Were the wars of the last two years worth it?  OBL and Saddam are both still
at large.  The Islamic part of the globe is increasingly pissed off at the U.S.

Is there a point to teasing a rabid a dog?

Back to taxes though...

Your approach to the subject is still too partisan for me.  I see both the
democrats and the republicans as being a bunch of idiots, but if push comes
to shove I'd rather get value for the dollors paid in taxes so I might
sometimes vote for the democrats.  The democrats will give us more and
better social welfare programs, and for which we have already paid.  In the
best of all possible worlds, we'd all pay less and have less government
interference altogether. Sadly, we're never going to get anywhere with
either party.  Don't hold your breath.

-- Hop-Frog