 Off-Topic / Debate / 20838
20837  |  20839
Subject:
Michael Moore gets money from Disney
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 15:26:58 GMT

Granted I believe this is a good relationship as much of Michael Moore’s
works belong in fantasyland, but why would Michael Eisner and Disney make
such a move? Michael Moore is at best a film maker of questionable integrity
and at worst partisan lying bag of wind. It is bad enough that the Academy
awarded “Bowling for Columbine”, which Moore himself called a comedy, as a
documentary. Now we will be subjected to his unique spin on an Anti-Bush movie.

Look, I understand that Eisner is a hard-line Liberal, and often gives money
go the Democratic Party, and other left wing causes, but this is the first
time that he has truly gotten into bed with the fringe. Agree or disagree
with Michael Moore’s positions, you must admit that his views and films are
not mainstream, and extreme even for a liberal.

My beef is not with Moore, let the ideologue continue to try to push his
agenda, but for Disney to cast it’s lot with a such a controversial figure
boggles the mind. I find it especially ironic that Disneyland is only a few
miles from the Richard Nixon birthplace and Library, right in the heart of
the very conservative Orange county.

Here are a couple of articles explaining Moore’s lack of journalistic honesty:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/forms/printThis.html?id=110003233

http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel040403.asp

Scott C.