 Off-Topic / Debate / 20837
20836  |  20838
Subject:
" the need for a UN-led process to establish a legitimate Iraqi government"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 11:34:10 GMT

Short stayed as long as she could:

Clare Short quits post over Iraq
==+==
"The position the UK's adopting in the Security Council is totally
dishonourable and breaches the promises that the UN would have the proper role
in bringing into being a legitimate interim Iraqi authority." ... "I cannot
defend it. It is wrong in international law and for the rebuilding of Iraq and
it breaches the promises that the prime minister gave to me."
==+==

But Tony did not listen to her [or public concern] before the conflict, so I
doubt that'll change now that the oil is about to start flowing to Bush’s
buddies.

….and this is supposed to make us more secure?

Scott A