 Off-Topic / Debate / 20778
    Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom —Richie Dulin
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes: <snip> (...) Who is the average person? How do you know his or her standard of living is still really good compared to other nations? Cheers Richie (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom —Richard Marchetti
   (...) I wish I could locate a cite right now, but the average american believes wrongly that they are within the top 1-5% of the wealthy in the U.S. Costello believes wrongly that the average american is doing well economically, but is probably (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom —Richie Dulin
     (...) Yes. Australians appear to be similar. (...) Absolutely. A good average standard of living is not necessarily an indicator that the average person has a good standard of living. I always wonder why people who would never favour dividing the (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom —Scott Arthur
      (...) I agree. What matters is how happy we are. There is no point in sidelining our friends & family just to "conform". Scott A (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom —Scott Costello
   (...) I am generally not a big fan of throwing out unsubstanciated numbers to back up a point, but I believe the last numbers I saw showed that the top 10% of wage earners in the US started at $75,000 a year. I also saw a survey that showed that 90% (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom —Richie Dulin
   (...) <snip> (...) But you didn't make a claim that "the percentage of people in this country without a roof over their heads, electricity, and running water is much higher than in most places" in your earlier post. You claimed that "[the] standard (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)