 Off-Topic / Debate / 20704
Re: California the great Democrat experiment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes:
Frightening
http://www.caltax.org/tthreats/mainpage.asp

I like to call my beautiful home state of California the great Democrat
experiment. Every top government office in the state is held by a Democrat,
and the legislature is overwhelmingly Democrat. Gray Davis took office in
1998 to a huge budget surplus, then proceeded to indiscriminately spend to
his hearts content. We now face a 34 billion dollar deficit, and state
Democrats are going back to their age old play book, raise taxes. Ever
wonder why so many jobs are leaving California and the US? Just take a look
at some of the 80+ new tax proposals totaling $60.8 billion. Did anyone else
notice that car registration fees are to be tripled?

Really scary thing is that Davis has white house ambitions, but his approval
numbers sit around those of OJ Simpson. I really love this state, but I wish
our state motto “Eureka” didn’t mean, “I found my way into your wallet”.  I
am also glad these clowns aren’t running the federal economy.

  Much better to have far-Right conservative clowns at the Federal helm.
Bush, as you are for some reason overlooking, has destroyed a far larger
budget surplus in far less time than Davis, and Bush has no plans, concrete
or abstract, to correct this.  Likewise, his economic plans have done
nothing to help the economy or to forestall job loss or to improve actual
conditions of taxation for middle-income citizens.
  Before anyone says "the President doesn't control the economy," let's
recall that conservatives blame Clinton for the recession during W's
administration, while simultaneously crediting Reagan, of all people, for
the economic growth that occurred during Clinton's term in office.  The real
message is "the President doesn't control the economy, unless 1) it's strong
and he's a Republican or 2) it's weak and he's a Democrat."

     Dave!