 Off-Topic / Debate / 20679
  Re: La belle province

(...) No oppressed socially, but politically. Our rights as humans are well respected, if that's what you mean. No problem there. (...) Yep, that's 100% true. We don't consider ourselves as martyrs. We are pretty happy about our situation, even if (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: La belle province

Where to begin... (...) K, let's start here--Every elected PM in my lifetime (and most PM's before that) came from *one* province--guess which one. Political oppression? Where? (...) You consider yourselves 'speaking for Quebec' and at the same time (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: La belle province

(...) Ya, I was wondering about that myself. Why is it that in all the other provinces, signs are in two languages but in (at least in some parts of) Quebec, they're only in one (french). I'm not talking about shop signs and suchlike, I'm talking (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: La belle province

(...) Actually I've never seen an English road sign in Quebec, but then again, I haven't been looking for one. (...) Like a woman, we're a mystery. (...) It means that, for most, you think a little harder before you hop in a car and drive to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)