 Off-Topic / Debate / 20579
    Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —Scott Costello
   (...) I was yesterday reminded of the case of John Rocker. For those of you that aren't familiar with Rocker's situation, he was a star closing pitcher for the Atlanta Braves, very popular and highly regarded with the organization. In a Sports (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —David Koudys
     In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes: <snip> (...) I'd like to be there for that competition! Dave K (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Er, no you don't... You merely know that I chose not to make that particular finding clear one way or another. :-) (any flattery I may have uttered at the time notwithstanding) (URL) to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Tim Robbins "Countering a Wave of Hate" —Jason Maxwell
   (...) The difference being that he signed a contract that included (as apparently many major league contracts do) a clause about his conduct off the field as a representative of the Braves. I'd have to go digging in news archives to get the exact (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)