 Off-Topic / Debate / 2033
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 12:35:00 GMT

<37CE848C.90906C8C@voyager.net> <37D027DB.AB97ECF8@io.com>

Sproaticus wrote:

I'm not even
going to try, though, because I have no reason to doubt the existance of
nuclear decay.  Nor will I argue against microbiology, celestial mechanics,
quantum mechanics, forsenic pathology, etc. for the same reason.  I'll just
take them on faith, and accept the personal consequences.

So:  How do we redefine religion to not require faith?  It's a set of
beliefs and rules which govern and explain the universe, and has great
influence over your life and the lives of those around you.

Another thing which amuses me is the notion that science and religion don't
mix.  I have a great level of respect for the scientific method (don't get

It sounds pretty clearly like you are an adherent to at least two
religions (given your definition).  Out of curiosity, which others do
you follow?

--Chris