 Off-Topic / Debate / 2034
Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:48:58 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
Sproaticus wrote:
Another thing which amuses me is the notion that science and religion don't
mix.  I have a great level of respect for the scientific method (don't get
It sounds pretty clearly like you are an adherent to at least two
religions (given your definition).  Out of curiosity, which others do
you follow?

How many gods do I keep in front of me, you mean?  One.  Well, okay, there
are my vices...  :-P  I keep one world-making god and several
world-destroying wanna-bes in front of me.  I'm trying to keep the
devastation to a minimum.

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormons
:-).  I'm a believer in the scientific method, but not to the extent of
dismissing my faith.  (I know, I know I said faith wasn't ncessary for
religion...)  I also borrow various stuff from some other religions /
philosophies (which I won't list here for lack of conviction) but not to the
extent that I conflict with the teachings of my church.

In other words, I follow one religion, with an open mind about truth where I
see it.

Cheers,
- jsproat