 Off-Topic / Debate / 20084
    Re: Newspeak 2003 —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Didn't some of those missiles (GPS guided) go awry while GPS jammers (sold and serviced by Russian companies, as it turns out... probably because they underbid the French) were being deployed? You can't fault the missiles directly for that. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Newspeak 2003 —Richard Marchetti
     (...) I think I read somewhere that the Russians claimed that the U.S. forces were just looking for an excuse as to why their overrated and expensive weapons were failing in their intended use. This excuse could give them good mileage when it comes (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        GPS JAMMERS —Scott Arthur
     (...) My understanding was that it was claimed GPS "jammers" made no impact. In fact, [IRC] it was claimed a GPS weapon was used to destroy them ... I only wonder why they were destroyed if they had no impact? ;) The best estimate I've read is that (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Whose side are you on, anyway? —Larry Pieniazek
   More questions about the Russian role are raised in this UPI article: (URL) went to the iraqwar.ru site mentioned (URL) I did not see the information given but I wasn't looking very hard. Does anyone else? (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Whose side are you on, anyway? —Scott Arthur
   (...) The whole report appears to be a statement of the obvious from analysts who are allegedly “linked” with the Russian military: ==+== Strikingly, the Russian analysts, whose work appears on the iraqwar.ru Web site, believe that U.S. and Allied (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)