 Off-Topic / Debate / 20070
20069  |  20071
Subject:
Don’t you just hate the pinko US media?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:10:48 GMT

An interesting analysis of “patriotic” reporting the USA:

Analysis: US media under fire
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2904073.stm
==+==
Many, like the retired Nato commander General Wesley Clark on CNN, argued that
the Pentagon should have sent more troops to the Gulf, and perhaps waited
longer until they were in place, before starting the campaign. The biggest
critics of these voices have, in fact, been other media outlets which are now
competing to see who can be the most patriotic.

America's biggest radio broadcaster, Clear Channel, which owns 1,200 stations
nationwide with an audience of 110m each week, reaching 54% of the population
aged between 18 and 49, has come under fire for censoring anti-war songs and
promoting pro-war "Rallies for America" in local areas. … But the company has
allowed its syndicated talk show host, Glenn Beck, to urge people to attend 13
pro-war rallies which were promoted by local stations, including Atlanta
station WGST, which attracted up to 25,000 people on 15 March.
==+==

I heard yesterday that the BBC now rivals CNN in the USA… I wonder why?

Scott A